TMG to GEDCOM Version 1.01 Released
This is a maintenance release with minor enhancements and changes. I recommend that all users upgrade to this version.
See the Change Log for more details.
This release includes new and updated system templates:
- Ancestry (private) and Ancesty (public) – These templates have been updated to use a new Note Option for most tag types.
In v1.00, the templates used the Note Option "Move/Copy to text (truncate)" where Note values are moved to the Text field. Moving the Note value to the Text field avoids an Ancestry issue where Notes are ignored, but Ancestry truncates text values with more than 255 characters, and leaving the full value in the Note field meant it was not visible after being loaded in Ancestry.
In v1.01, the templates use the Note Option "Move to text/citation" where short Note values are moved to the Text field, and long Note values are moved to a citation. This produces better results for short Note values and long values are relatively easy to find in a linked citation.
(a href="template-ancestry.htm">template page)
- Family Historian – This is a new template. (template page)
- Family Tree Maker – This is a new template. (template page)
- Heredis – This is a new template. (template page)
- RootsMagic – This is a new template. (template page)
How to Download
Existing customers may download the current version from the Downloads page.
To use the current version, you need a license for TMG to GEDCOM 1.
How to Buy
For purchasing information, see the Purchases page.
This page last changed on 24 Oct 2019.