- Added the ability to write common extension records
_MRELto describe parental relationships; this feature is controlled via properties in the Parent Labels section
Several programs will import the
_MRELrecords including RootsMagic and Ancestry.com. Other programs may also support those records; do a test import to see if the target program you use will support
- Added a system template for Findmypast
- Changed name tag handling
In prior versions, the Export option for all Name tags was set to "Name" when opening the .tgfile. So, if you changed a Name tag's Export option to "No", that change would not persist if you saved the .tgfile, closed it, then re-opened it. That code was intended to avoid an issue where no name would be written, even for the primary name. The recommended method to suppress all non-primary names is to leave the Export option set to "Name" and set the Primary Only option to "Yes" for all name tag types.
As of this version, TMG to GEDCOM will not reset the Export value for Name tags when opening the .tgfile. If you do not want to export a name tag based on its tag type, you can do it. However, if the tag type for the primary name tag is set to Export=No, the person may have (A) no NAME record in the GEDCOM file, or (B) a non-primary name tag may be written to the GEDCOM file and interpreted as the primary name by the program that reads the application. In the latter case, if there are multiple non-primary names, there is no way to control which non-primary name is written first and thus interpreted as the primary name by the program that reads the GEDCOM file.
- Non-primary family events (marriage and divorce) are now written as family events after the primary versions
In prior versions, non-primary family events were written as shared events to the lower-numbered spouse.
- Changed the load process for non-primary parent-child relationships to add a non-primary child to a two-parent family if (A) the child has a non-primary relationship to both parents and (B) the parents share a primary Marriage Group event
In prior versions, all non-primary parent-child relationships were loaded into a single-parent family.
- Fixed a bug in the Tags section where the Witnesses option was not implemented correctly when the Export column was set to "Shared event"
- Fixed a bug where date terms in filters did not work properly when using the "Equals" operator
- Fixed a bug where many non-primary parent relationships were treated as primary
- Added the Exhibits.Export Method property to determine how exhibits are exported to the GEDCOM file
This enhancement improves the results when using the updated RootsMagic template.
- Added the Database.Last Template Path property
- When loading a template, TMG to GEDCOM now validates the template version
- Fixed a bug where the GEDCOM
LONGdid not follow the GEDCOM 5.5.1 specification
The GEDCOM 5.5.1 specification requires a direction prefix (N, S, E, W) and no more than 6 digits after the decimal point, though the specification is ambiguous in that area. TMG to GEDCOM now meets those requirements.
- Fixed a bug where using either the Ancestor Generation or Descendant Generation filter term would trigger a null object exception when exporting
- Added a new option to the Flags.Flags property, Export as EVEN/TYPE
- Added the Flags.Flag Value Prefix property to allow adding a prefix before exported flag values
- Added the GEDCOM Format.Primary Value property to control the value used with the
_PRIMtag when an item is primary
- Added the GEDCOM Tag Names.Custom Attribute Tag property to control the GEDCOM tag used to export custom attributes
- Added the GEDCOM Tag Names.Custom Event Tag property to control the GEDCOM tag used to export custom events
- Added a system template for Family Tree Builder
- Updated the Gramps system template to set some attribute tags to cloned and other adjustments to improve the results
- Updated the RootsMagic system template to use the new Export as EVEN/TYPE for the Flags.Flags property
- Changed all system templates that set a Flags.Flag Name Prefix from "
Flag:" to "
- Added the GEDCOM
LANGsubrecord to the
HEADrecord using the value from the Language.GEDCOM Language property
- Added "Move to text/citation" and "Move to citation" to the Note Option column choices in the Tags section
- Added several new system templates and updated the Ancestry.com system templates to use "Move to text/citation"
- Added the Database.Fix TMG GEDCOM Tag Errors property
- Added the Sources.Export Source Number (REFN) property
- Added the Exhibits.Relative Path property
- Added support for writing a combination of
TEXTrecords for Citation Reference values
- If there are two principals to an event, and one of them is not included in the GEDCOM export, the event will be included in the export if the excluded principal is deceased; in v1.00, the event was excluded unless both principals were included
- The primary person exhibit is now written before other exhibits in the GEDCOM file; most GEDCOM readers will give preference to the first exhibit even if they do not recognize a non-standard primary indicator for the record
- Fixed a bug where only the first part of a multi-part Source Comment was included in the export
- Fixed a bug where citation exhibits and repositories were not included in the GEDCOM export if Use Formatted Source as TITL was checked
- Fixed a bug where citation exhibits were sometimes omitted from the GEDCOM export file
- Fixed a bug where source exhibits were sometimes omitted fro the GEDCOM export file
The first release of TMG to GEDCOM!
This page last changed on 21 Aug 2020.